Welcome to the Year 4H class page. This year I am your teacher and our class is supported by Mr Jackson and Mrs Donaldson. This year I am looking forward to having lots of fun, working hard and learning lots of new things together! We hope to create an exciting and stimulating learning environment with opportunities for all children to learn and reflect. We also hope to equip your child with the skills needed to succeed in school and in the wider community. To find out the topics we will be studying, visit the Curriculum page. I can't wait to see what this year brings for us all!
Hi Year 4H!
Mr Bloomfield and I will be updating our 'Year 4 page' on a daily basis through the COVID 19 page. Pop over there to keep up to date with what other children in Year 4 have been up to during our distance learning.
Miss Hewitt ☆
Home Learning Tasks
The document below contains a range of reading, writing and maths activities which can be completed during our distance learning. Please complete them in the small green books which were sent out with your packs.
Additional tasks will be uploaded onto the class pages and MyMaths.
Hello all! What a lovely bright day it is again today!
There have been some more tasks to complete added onto MyMaths, please check there for any maths work to complete. Your password is inside of your pack.
Some ideas to complete over the next few days:
- Write your own revolting recipe. *Challenge - how many expanded noun phrases with modifying adjectives can you include? (e.g. seven slimy eyeballs with rotting skin)
- Watch a movie and write a review. Write about the characters, the plot and who you would recommend it for.
We would love to hear what you have watched and your thoughts on it! Our next movie choice is going to be either the live action remake of Dumbo or Finding Dory - we will add our review here!
- Draw the main character of the movie and colour it in. This could be a sketch, drawn and painted or even made from materials around the house.
Miss Hewitt and Mr Bloomfield
What a lovely sunny day it is today! We are now getting to the end of our first week of home learning and you should be well through the home learning packs given out last week at school.
Here are some activity ideas to keep you going over the next few days. I will add some more ideas on Tuesday.
- Design and build your own spaceship. Design it in your small green books and make from materials around the house.
- Imagine you have taken a journey to a different planet on your spaceship. Write a diary entry into your green books or a description about what you can see on the planet. *Challenge - try include some figurative language in your description.
- Write a shopping list for all the food items you would need to take on your adventure. Go on a food website, like Asda or Tesco, and calculate the price of all your food.
Spring 1 half termly spellings
Reading books will be sent home w/c 13/1/20.
Autumn 1 Spellings
These are to be learned alongside our weekly spellings
This week, we had a visit from 'That History Bloke' Richard. He taught us all about Ancient Egypt. We had a fantastic time looking at his artefacts and learning lots of facts about this amazing time in history.
This week we have been looking at using drama to develop our characters. We chose a scene from 'Secrets of a Sun King' and created our own freeze frames.
Can you guess which emotions our characters are showing?