Physical Education funding is ultimately driven by a need to ‘provide outstanding physical education for all’ (Ofsted, ‘Beyond 2012’)
At Lingey House we have a desire to make PE accessible to all children and in doing so, engage more children in physical activity throughout the whole school day. The main priority was to ensure the correct systems are in place to deliver a consistently high standard of Physical Education and channel the funding appropriately.
When considering where to use the funding, there were five main focuses:
- Engagement of ALL Pupils in Regular Physical Activity
- Profile of PE and Sport Being Raised Across the School as a Tool for Whole School Improvement
- Increased Confidence, Knowledge and Skills of all Staff in Teaching PE and Sport
- Broader Experience of a Range of Sports and Activities Offered to All Pupils
- Increased Participation in Competitive Sport
By ensuring appropriate funds are spent in these five areas, we are able to ensure that all children are given access to the new resources.
Funding for 2021 - 2022
Surplus from 2020 - 21 - £2,587 (Due to no after school clubs)
Allocation £19,420 + £2587 = £22,007
Sadly as a result of Covid 19 Heworth Lesiure Centre was not open so we were unable to provide the Year 6 with swimming lesson this year.